Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Push. Ma-ga. Let's go!

When I woke up from my nap, Mommy mentioned going to see my friends Magnus & Gunnar.  I called out "Let's go!," went straight to the living room, climbed in my stroller (open from my walk this morning) and instructed "Push" the second Mommy popped into view.  When she asked me where I thought I was going, I made myself very clear:  Pa'k. Ma-ga.  (translation: Park. Magnus.)  I cried when Mommy tried to put me in the carseat instead-- I could see very clearly that there was NO MAGNUS in that car, and that the park was beckoning freedom the exact opposite direction.  She assured me we would see Magnus, so I allowed myself to be buckled in.  I kept reminding her of where we were going at every stop or turn.  Finally, we stopped the car and THERE HE WAS.  Oh yes, and Gu-ga (Gunnar) too. We ran all over the playground and our moms hardly got a chance to say a few words to each other.  Serves them right, keeping us waiting so long.

No comments: